Friday, July 14, 2017

Figures

This week we were at a thrift store and I noticed this figurine


This is a scene which did not happen for us, with him either alive or dead. There is so much I could write about both those scenarios. 

A voice in my head says why don't I just see it as us with our daughter, a scene which did happen with her very much alive. But for me, it's just not. I don't need carved wooden representations of her because she is here with us. With her, I have the real thing every day.

The man and the woman are looking at the baby with love. Whether with smiles, laughter, anguish, or grief. I know that the love is what matters.

I bought the figurine and it sits with his ashes. I find it very difficult to look at but that doesn't mean I don't want it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment