Monday, May 12, 2014

Update

I was very nervous calling my doctor's office this morning but I needn't have been. The receptionist was so kind and compassionate. I was not worried about her in particular, just the healthcare system in general. Doctor is not in today so after some discussion I've been sent for bloodwork to check my HCG levels. I'm waiting here now, and will return Wednesday morning to see if they've gone up or down. She had offered to get me an ultrasound but I might not be far enough along to detect a heartbeat. This seems like the most sensible option, and the most gentle emotionally. Friday and Saturday were horrible days but today I am calmer and feeling stronger mentally ( - physically things seem to be continuing steadily). I don't want to do anything that will mess with my serenity, as my friend Jess would say. 


1 comment:

  1. All our thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete