Friday, January 18, 2013

Quality Time Waiting For The Train

Earlier in the week I was taking the train downtown with my daughter and a friendly young woman on the platform started chatting to us. She said to my daughter, "One day you will be as tall as me!" Daughter was thrilled with this idea! The woman herself was quite tall. I told her Peter is 6'4 and she said her dad is 6'7! I asked if he is Dutch and she said yes. Pete's dad is also Dutch. Then she said, "I've been told that if I want to meet a tall man, I should go to Holland. But I've also heard that tall people don't live as long because their organs have to work harder and get worn out more quickly."

First off, let's ignore the fact that this attractive, tall, blonde, friendly woman is single (what is with this town?).And I'm not sure about that organ thing. But I said, "Well....maybe it's about quality, not quantity."

She looked at me for a few seconds, then said, "Yes, that's true. I'll go with that, that works for me." And we all boarded the train.

Maybe she will finally book that trip to Holland...


No comments:

Post a Comment