Friday, October 12, 2012

Healthy Hello, Healthy Goodbye

I was going over my notes from the MISS Conference and I'm still in awe of the New Zealand Sands presentation which I blogged about here. Reading what parents had to say about their experience bringing baby home is such a contrast to what happens here in Canada, or at least, the corner of Canada I live in. It doesn't mean parents in NZ don't grieve, it just seems less baffling, the whole grief process.


Of course it stirs up all kinds of thoughts/emotions/reactions about my own experience with Toren. Learning about how natural it is to bring babies home in NZ - and how it affects grief - has helped me understand my own grief a bit better. It also gives me...a friend calls it "grief envy". Sure, why not. Pile it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment