Sunday, October 07, 2012

Conference Ends

Very, very sad to be leaving Arizona and all the beautiful people we've met here. The memorial service last night was so lovely....and intense! It's a shame some of the families were let down by the technology. Very hard but also amazing to be sending out love to Toren and all the babies and children we have met. An incredibly sad and joyful experience. (I hate to ruin the solemnity of what I just wrote by mentioning the Festival of Desserts afterwards! If anyone deserves a festival of desserts, it's this group.) Thank you to the MISS Foundation. There really aren't words to express the gratitude I feel towards everyone at MISS. If you are looking for a way to contribute to a community in need, please consider making a donation to MISS.

We will never forget the families we met here and the children we got to know through them.

I knew it - I didn't want to come and now I don't want to leave! We're leaving Arizona but giant pieces of our hearts are going to stay behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment